- 2 medium onions
- 300 ml water or vegetable stock
- 1 tblsp organic passata (nothing added if not home-made)
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp fine sea salt or to taste
- finely ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a deep pan.
2. Slice the onions finely, tip into the pan and cook on a medium to high heat, stirring regularly, until they soften and become brown but not burned!
3. Add the water or vegetable stock, herbs, salt and pepper and cook gently until the onions are soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Pour the gravy into a jug and add the passata. Blend the gravy with a hand blender.