Makes 4 large or 8 small custard cups
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (dairy option: Substitute 1-1/2 cups cultured cream or full fat yogurt)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 ripe pears
- 4 egg yolks (reserve the whites for biscuits, meringues, or macaroons)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
1. Fill 1 or two 23×33 cm glass dishes with 2,5 cm of water for the water bath.
2. Place in the oven and preheat oven to 175 c.
3. Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor to a smooth puree.
4. Fill custard cups (or ovenproof cups such as mason jars) half full with custard mixture. Once the oven has preheated, gently set the cups in the water.
5. Bake in the water bath for 30-45 minutes or until custard is mostly set but still soft in the center.
6. Remove carefully with oven mitts or crack the oven door and allow to cool in the oven, removing when cool.
7. Serve warm, or cover with plastic wrap to store in the fridge and serve cool.