Makes 4 large or 8 small custard cups
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons date paste dates (or 2 packets stevia)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, or as needed to thin
- Butter, ghee, or coconut oil for pan
1. Use a food processor, blender, stand mixer, or whisk to blend the coconut flour into the eggs.
2. Add remaining ingredients and process until well blended. Allow mixture to sit as the pan heats.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat, melt ¼ to ½ teaspoon fat to grease pan per batch.
4. Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter onto hot griddle.
5. Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook on the next side for 2-3 minutes or again until golden brown.